3 years ago, we created this blog post: 5 Big Problems with Comment Cards
and it's still our most popular.
The reason the article resonates is that we all know comment cards are inadequate for serving guests. They always have been, but it was the best option we had.
In brief, the issues with comment cards are:
- The cards aren't read until long after the customer is gone. You missed the chance to ensure they left happy.
- The comment card box is off to the side somewhere, not easily accessible or visible.
- The card comes too late, usually at the end of the customer's experience. They are almost out the door.
- The customer won't be 100% honest if they have to put their name on it, but you can't reach them if it's anonymous. You can't win.
- You'll get fewer cards if it's not anonymous.
- They are tedious and a burden to fill out.
- Helpful suggestions, but not worth the effort to write on a card, won't get to you.
- Comments that criticize your staff may not make it to you. They may end up crumpled in a server's pocket.
There had to be something better, but effective and convenient.
In 2012, we launched TalkToTheManager to give businesses a real-time, anonymous comment card that was super-simple for customers and convenient for business owners.
Our customers love it (they think it's brilliant), and their customers rave about it. It's in use all over the US and Canada.
We invite you to take a look at TalkToTheManager, the easiest way to get real-time, honest customer feedback.